Today is Monday and it is day 8 of the NaBloPoMo challenge. I love to cook. I have several things I love to make that my family loves to eat. One of these meals is my homemade chili. I begin with ground meat that I brown with fresh garlic cloves. Then I add in onions. From there I add fresh tomatoes that we canned over the summer. Then I add various seasonings (that shall remain nameless to preserve the fact that I don’t really follow a recipe. Then I add the beans and bell peppers. From there I let it cook a couple of hours.
I usually serve it with homemade guacamole, shredded cheese and sour cream along with tortilla scoops. Everyone picks what items they want to add to their own bowl. For me I like it all.
So what recipe are you known for?
Today is day 5 of NaBloPoMo’s December challenge, and I want to write about things that make me happy.
1) Spending time with my family – I love my family and they bring me great joy. I love that I am able to homeschool my children.
2) Reading brings me joy. I am never bored or without something to do because I always have a large number of books I want to read.
3) Crocheting makes me happy because most of the time I am making things for either members of my family or for friends. So I always love seeing their expressions when they see the finished product.
4) Watching favorite movies with my family makes me happy. We have certain ones that are our favorites. It is always fun to hear my husband or children quote lines from various shows that other members either quickly pick up the next part and say it or quickly identify for us where it came from.
5) Listening to music on my Pandora app or Itunes also brings me happiness. I can pick what channel or what songs I want to listen to based on my mood or even the season (like right now on Pandora, I am listening to a Christmas station). Christmas music has a way of bringing joy to my heart.
So what things bring you joy?
3) Going to Bush Gardens makes