Today I want to begin a list of things I am thankful for:
I want to begin with:
- I am thankful for my personal Lord and Savior, who died that I may have life.
- I am thankful for a husband who loves and cherishes me. He is the love of my life and my best friend. I am so blessed to have him in my life.
- I am thankful for our four children. They bring life and laughter to our world. From one moment to the next I do not know what to expect from them.
- I am thankful for our extended family and friends. They bring untold blessings and joy to our life.
- I am thankful for the homeschooling the community we are part of online and those we have been privileged to know in person.
Yesterday, I began discussing my words for the year. I began with delight, and now I want to move on to courage or courageous. Here are some verses I found:
My first verse is from Joshua 1:7, which states, “Only be thou strong and very courageous, that thou mayest observe to do according to all the law, which Moses my servant commanded thee: turn not from it to the right hand or to the left, that thou mayest prosper withersoever thou goest.” I am taking the verse from the King James Version of the Bible, which is our family’s version of choice.
My second verse is Psalm 27:14 – Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord.
My third verse for courage/courageous is Acts 28:15 – And from thence, when the brethren heard of us, they came to meet us as far as Appii forum, and The three taverns: whom when Paul saw, he thanked God and took courage.
So have you chosen a word for the year? I would love to hear from you.
Today is day 2 of 2019 and today I want to reveal my words for the year. My words for the year are: delight, gratitude, and courageous. Here are some passages of Scripture to go along with these words.
Psalm 37:4 –
Delight thyself also in the Lord: and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.
Will he delight himself in the Almighty? will he always call upon God?
For he hath said, It profiteth a man nothing that he should delight himself with God.
In the multitude of my thoughts within me thy comforts delight my soul.
And I will delight myself in thy commandments, which I have loved.
Correct thy son, and he shall give thee rest; yea, he shall give delight unto thy soul.
But let him that glorieth glory in this, that he understandeth and knoweth me, that I am the Lord which exercise lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness, in the earth: for in these things I delight, saith the Lord.
Romans 7:22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:
I will be back tomorrow to give some Scripture passages to go along with gratitude/grateful.