Since our oldest son was in the fifth grade, we have been homeschooling. Up until that point we had our children in public school. Then we ran into the exact set of circumstances that caused us to decide to homeschool our oldest son. The following year we brought the other three children home and I have enjoyed almost every single moment.
So here are my favorite 10 things about homeschooling:
10) Freedom for my children to choose what interests them
9) Flexibility to school around my husband’s work schedule
8) Going to homeschool conventions that enable us to examine curriculum up close
7) My children enjoy each others’ company
6) Ability to take vacations and go places when public school students are in school
5) Getting to spend time with my children
4). Not having to fight the battle over homework
3) Ability to change things that aren’t working
2) Our children can converese with people of all changes
1) Our children’s learning revolves around God and our religious beliefs.
So if you homeschool, what would be some of your top 10 picks of why you love it? I would love to hear from you.